This article from the left-leaning Houston Chronicle has some amazing news about Cruz’s fundraising.
Big money flew through the checking account of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign in February, when it reported its highest monthly income and expenditures to date, soaring above the GOP pack. And for the first time, the Cruz campaign spent more than it took in.
Fresh federal filings posted Sunday show a dramatic uptick in campaign costs and contributions for the period that spanned from Cruz’s unexpected win in Iowa, the nation’s first primary contest, to the day before his momentum seemed to fall behind frontrunner Donald Trump in a string of Super Tuesday votes on March 1.
Cruz’s Houston-based campaign took in $12 million in February, according to Federal Elections Commission records, compared in $7.6 million in January and $20.5 million in the last three months of 2015 combined.
The article also notes that Trump is lying about his campaign being self-funded – he takes donations, just like all the other candidates:
Trump has collected $7.7 million in contributions since he launched his campaign in June, in spite of his repeated assertion that he self-funds the operation. He has lent his campaign $17.5 million.
I don’t think it’s a good idea to support a candidate who says things that are not true, then has to back away from them after. If he lies about silly stuff like this, then what will happen when he has to tell the truth about something important?
It’s a good thing that Cruz is surging, because the polls show that Trump cannot beat Hillary Clinton:
I’m really hoping that Cruz can pull off a winner-take-all victory in Utah, which he will if he gets over 50% of the vote. And if Cruz wins in Arizona, that could mean that he will have more delegates than Trump at the time of the GOP convention.
- Donald Trump’s plan to introduce tariffs is just a tax on consumer goods
- Suppose God had coffee with Donald Trump… how would that go?
- Is Donald Trump right to order U.S. troops to commit war crimes?
- How well did Donald Trump do in the hotel and casino business?
- Trump donated to group that promotes homosexuality to 5-year-olds
- Do supporters of Donald Trump really support what Trump believes?
- Is Donald Trump a successful businessman? Let’s look at his record
- Report: how Donald Trump used illegal immigrants to build Trump Tower
- Is Trump right to praise Putin’s leadership abilities?
- Is Trump right to say that Bush lied about the Iraq war, and there were no WMDs?
- Donald Trump promises gay publication “forward motion” on gay rights issues
- Who has done more on the pro-life and pro-marriage issues – Trump or Cruz?
- Where did Rubio, Cruz and Trump stand on amnesty before running for President?
- Trump, eminent domain, a widow’s house, and a limousine parking lot
- Trump wants to increase taxpayer subsidies of ethanol, Cruz wants to end them
- Trump supported the bank bailout and auto bailout, Cruz opposes all bailouts
- Should evangelical Christians prefer Donald Trump on moral grounds?
- Clinton, Rubio, GOP establishment and leftist media defend Trump’s New York Values
- What are the “New York Values” that Trump’s evangelical Christian supporters admire?
- Donald Trump would expand Obamacare into single-payer health care system
- Who is more conservative on the marriage issue? Trump, Cruz, Carson or Rubio?
- Is Donald Trump’s claim about Muslims celebrating 9/11 in New Jersey accurate?