My friend William shared this post by well-known social conservative Matt Barber. Barber imagines a conversation between Trump and God.
[…]The discussion begins.
Trump: “I am a really smart guy. I’m intelligent. Some people would say I’m very, very, very intelligent. I know what sells, and I know what people want.”
God: “[I] oppose the proud, but give grace to the humble. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted” (James 4:6 and Luke 14:11).
Trump: “Nothing wrong with ego. Show me someone without an ego, and I’ll show you a loser. Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest – and you all know it!”
God: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches. When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom. But as it is, you boast in your arrogance; all such boasting is evil” (Jeremiah 9:23, Proverbs 11:2, James 4:16).
Trump: “If you don’t tell people about your success, they probably won’t know about it.”
“Part of the beauty of me is that I am very rich. I’m really rich. Cash is king, and that’s one of the beauties of the casino business. And while I can’t honestly say I need an 80-foot living room, I do get a kick out of having one.”
God: “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil” (1 Timothy 6:10).
Trump: “Fighting for the last penny is a very good philosophy to have. I have black guys counting my money. … I hate it. The only guys I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes all day. Who the f–k knows? I mean, really, who knows how much the Japs will pay for Manhattan property these days?”
God: “Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God” (Matthew 19:24).
The conversation moves on to Mr. Trump’s boasting of his many adulterous affairs.
God: “Why should you be intoxicated, my son, with a forbidden woman and embrace the bosom of an adulteress?” (Proverbs 5:20)
Trump: “Nice t-ts, no brains. A person who is very flat-chested is very hard to be a 10. Oftentimes when I was sleeping with one of the top women in the world, I would say to myself, thinking about me as a boy from Queens, ‘Can you believe what I am getting?’”
God: “Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered” (1 Peter 3:7).
Trump: “[Women:] You have to treat ’em like s—t.”
“When a man leaves a woman, especially when it was perceived that he has left for a piece of a– – a good one! – there are 50 percent of the population who will love the woman who was left.”
“If I get my name in the paper, if people pay attention, that’s what matters. You know, it really doesn’t matter what they write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of a–.”
“It’s all in the hunt, and once you get it, it loses some of its energy. I think competitive, successful men feel that way about women. Don’t you agree? Really, don’t you agree?”
God: “Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for [I] will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous” (Hebrews 13:4).
I have to skip a bit… can’t quote the whole thing!
Trump: “For many years I’ve said that if someone screws you, screw them back. When somebody hurts you, just go after them as viciously and as violently as you can.”
God: “But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. But if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses” (Matthew 5:44, Matthew 6:15).
Trump: “I don’t like to have to ask for forgiveness. Why do I have to repent or ask for forgiveness, if I am not making mistakes?”
God: “If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land” (2 Chronicles 7:14).
You know, when I think of the people I really admire in this world, I think of people like Jay Wesley Richards, Michael Licona, J. Warner Wallace, Bruce Gordon, Paul Copan, Scott Klusendorf, Tim McGrew, etc. If you asked me who takes the Bible seriously, I’d point to them. I can see how a thorough understanding of the Bible’s teaching has affected their character and behavior. I cannot imagine why anyone who claims to be a Bible-believer would support a man like Trump. It’s not that I insist on someone who agrees with me on every point of theology. My favorite podcast is the Ben Shapiro show, and he’s an Orthodox Jew! It’s that I expect that people who claim to take the Bible seriously to show it in their character and their behavior. Don’t hold up the Bible and claim to respect it when there isn’t anything in your life to show it.
- How well did Donald Trump do in the hotel and casino business?
- Trump donated to group that promotes homosexuality to 5-year-olds
- Do supporters of Donald Trump really support what Trump believes?
- Is Donald Trump a successful businessman? Let’s look at his record
- Report: how Donald Trump used illegal immigrants to build Trump Tower
- Is Trump right to praise Putin’s leadership abilities?
- Is Trump right to say that Bush lied about the Iraq war, and there were no WMDs?
- Donald Trump promises gay publication “forward motion” on gay rights issues
- Who has done more on the pro-life and pro-marriage issues – Trump or Cruz?
- Where did Rubio, Cruz and Trump stand on amnesty before running for President?
- Trump, eminent domain, a widow’s house, and a limousine parking lot
- Trump wants to increase taxpayer subsidies of ethanol, Cruz wants to end them
- Trump supported the bank bailout and auto bailout, Cruz opposes all bailouts
- Should evangelical Christians prefer Donald Trump on moral grounds?
- Clinton, Rubio, GOP establishment and leftist media defend Trump’s New York Values
- What are the “New York Values” that Trump’s evangelical Christian supporters admire?
- Donald Trump would expand Obamacare into single-payer health care system
- Who is more conservative on the marriage issue? Trump, Cruz, Carson or Rubio?
- Is Donald Trump’s claim about Muslims celebrating 9/11 in New Jersey accurate?