President Barack Obama, you need to stop golfing and fix the global warming! Radically leftist CNN reluctantly reports.
Get off the roads, and stay off.
That was the message in Georgia and the Carolinas as a snow and ice storm swept through Wednesday, bringing some of the Southeast’s most populous cities to a standstill.
The warnings came as freezing rain brought heavy ice accumulations from Atlanta to Charlotte. Across a large swath of the South, hundreds of thousands of people were without power and thousands of flights were canceled.
Calling ice the biggest enemy, Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal declared a state of emergency. School districts canceled classes and government offices were shuttered in an attempt to avoid a repeat of the traffic paralysis caused by a storm last month.
Up to three-quarters of an inch of ice was expected to accumulate in Atlanta and up to 10 inches of snow and sleet were expected in Raleigh and Charlotte, making travel treacherous.
Also in the storm’s path were Virginia and Washington, with much of the Northeast to follow.
All federal offices in the nation’s capital were ordered closed, and thousands of employees were being told to stay home, according to the Office of Personnel Management.
[…]More than 600,000 customers were without power in the Southeast, power companies told CNN. About 180,000 were Georgia Power Co. customers, the utility said.
South Carolina was the hardest hit, with about 220,000 customers without electricity, while Wilmington, North Carolina, accounted for more than 58,000 outages.
The utilities said Wednesday morning they expect those numbers to rise over the next 24 hours.
Georgia Power, the state’s largest utility, warned that hundreds of thousands could be without electricity for days.
[…]At least 10 deaths have been blamed on the weather, including a 55-year-old man who was killed in a head-on collision in Virginia, authorities said. Two people were killed in Georgia, and two died in North Carolina, they said.
In Texas, three people died when an ambulance driver lost control on an icy patch of road outside of Carlsbad, the state Department of Public Safety said. A patient, a paramedic and another passenger were pronounced dead at the scene.
In Mississippi, authorities blamed the storm for two traffic deaths.
Meanwhile, former NASA climate scientist finds that 95% of global warming predictions have failed when measured against actual global temperatures.
The Daily Caller reports:
Environmentalists and Democrats often cite a “97 percent” consensus among climate scientists about global warming. But they never cite estimates that 95 percent of climate models predicting global temperature rises have been wrong.
Former NASA scientist Dr. Roy Spencer says that climate models used by government agencies to create policies “have failed miserably.” Spencer analyzed 90 climate models against surface temperature and satellite temperature data, and found that more than 95 percent of the models “have over-forecast the warming trend since 1979, whether we use their own surface temperature dataset (HadCRUT4), or our satellite dataset of lower tropospheric temperatures (UAH).”
[…]Climate scientists have been baffled by the 17-year pause in global warming. At least eight explanations have been offered to explain the lapse in warming, including declining solar activity and natural climate cycles.
We are spending millions and even billions trying to stop this global warming, but clearly, we aren’t doing enough. We need to borrow even more money from our children, otherwise they will be burned to cinders when the Earth turns into Hell.
- Global warming causing accidents and deaths in the South, thousands stranded
- Global warming: antarctic sea ice extents hits 35-year record high
- IPCC report: simulations drastically overestimated global warming
- UK scientists predict global cooling after record Arctic ice growth
- New York Times: no global warming in the last 15 years, despite CO2 increase
- Another failed prediction for global warming: fewer extreme weather events
- Global warming: Scotland hit by blizzards, road closures and 8 inches of snow
- New EPA report: natural gas prodution is even cleaner than previously thought
- Reuters: scientists struggling to explain 15 years of global cooling
- Report: biofuels raise the cost of gas for little environmental benefit
- Global warming in the UK: coldest March in 50 years, winter extending into spring
- Democrat senator Barbara Boxer introduces carbon tax legislation
- New study: Earth was warmer 1000 years ago, during Medieval Warming Period
- New study: there has been no global warming since 1997
- New study finds that cosmic rays and the sun cause global warming
- Global warmist Phil Jones admits there’s been no global warming since 1995
- Chairman of UN’s IPCC used bogus claims to grab global warming cash
- Does global warming increase the frequency of hurricanes?
- Canadian government finds polar bear population up 163% since mid-1980s