In National Review, David French lists 15 reasons why Donald Trump is a crazy liberal.
Here are the topics:
- government-provided health care
- raising taxes
- touchback amnesty
- protectionism / tariffs
- seizing private property (eminent domain)
- liberal judicial nominees
- opposition to first amendment
- raising minimum wage
- praising Planned Parenthood
- transgenders use bathroom / shower of their choice
- Bush-Iraq conspiracy theories
- bomb oil fields to stop Islamic State
- order American troops to commit war crimes
- 9/11 conspiracy theories
- Cruz father conspiracy theories
These are all from the time of Donald Trump’s campaign – we are not even going back to when he was “very pro-choice”.
I’ve covered most of these already, but this one was new to me:
15. Finally, there is this now-infamous bit of lunacy, which can’t be stressed enough: Trump tied Ted Cruz’s father to John F. Kennedy’s assassin:
“His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald’s being — you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous,” Trump said Tuesday during a phone interview with Fox News. “What is this, right prior to his being shot, and nobody even brings it up. They don’t even talk about that. That was reported, and nobody talks about it.”
“I mean, what was he doing — what was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death? Before the shooting?” Trump continued. “It’s horrible.”
His source for that conspiracy theory is – of course – the National Enquirer, which is run by his very good friend Mr. Pecker. And I expect that in a Trump administration, he would put more trust in stories from the National Enquirer than Presidential Daily Briefings produced by the FBI, CIA, etc.
Trump believes this:
This is not Trump’s first brush with conspiracy theories. Nor the second. Nor the third. Nor even the fourth. And I guess that a fair number of his supporters will believe this, because maybe they consider the National Enquirer to be a reputable news source.
I wonder what would have happened to Ted Cruz if he had cited the National Enquirer as an authority when he was defending the Second Amendment before the U.S. Supreme Court. He probably wouldn’t have won the case if he had, so it’s a good thing he is a serious intellectual, and he won the case.
- Donald Trump plans to default on our debt and/or embrace hyper-inflation
- Trump reveals that he was lying to his gullible supporters all along
- Will Trump cultists apologize for their laziness and ignorance, as Trump reverts to leftism?
- This suprises no one: Trump won Indiana with votes from fake Christians
- Ted Cruz suspends campaign: what next for conservatives? #NeverTrump
- Is Donald Trump a Christian? Is Donald Trump a moral person?
- How well is Obamacare working, and will Ted Cruz or Donald Trump fix health care?
- Which candidate is the best at defending religious liberty: Trump or Cruz?
- Against misogyny: why every conservative should #DumpTrump #NeverTrump
- Donald Trump’s plan to introduce tariffs is just a tax on consumer goods
- Suppose God had coffee with Donald Trump… how would that go?
- Is Donald Trump right to order U.S. troops to commit war crimes?
- How well did Donald Trump do in the hotel and casino business?
- Trump donated to group that promotes homosexuality to 5-year-olds
- Do supporters of Donald Trump really support what Trump believes?
- Is Donald Trump a successful businessman? Let’s look at his record
- Report: how Donald Trump used illegal immigrants to build Trump Tower
- Is Trump right to praise Putin’s leadership abilities?
- Is Trump right to say that Bush lied about the Iraq war, and there were no WMDs?
- Donald Trump promises gay publication “forward motion” on gay rights issues
- Who has done more on the pro-life and pro-marriage issues – Trump or Cruz?
- Trump, eminent domain, a widow’s house, and a limousine parking lot
- Trump wants to increase taxpayer subsidies of ethanol, Cruz wants to end them
- Trump supported the bank bailout and auto bailout, Cruz opposes all bailouts
- Should evangelical Christians prefer Donald Trump on moral grounds?
- What are the “New York Values” that Trump’s evangelical Christian supporters admire?
- Donald Trump would expand Obamacare into single-payer health care system