This is a must-listen, especially for any single Christian woman who would like to get married and have children. If you want to marry a Christian man, you should listen to this lecture and also the Dr. Morse lecture on marriage Every Day. Christian men expect Christian women to know a lot about marriage. About why children need mothers, and why they need fathers, and how the state is always taxing families and then using that money to poke their noses in and teach the children all kinds of bad things.
With that introduction, here is the MP3 file on education policy.
Note: public schools = government-run schools.
- Does God care whether we people marry and have children?
- Does God care whether Christian parents raise their children to know him?
- Should government promote bearing children?
- What are some effects of declining birth rates in other countries?
- What are the economic effects of declining birth rates?
- Who has the right to decide how children are trained: government or parents?
- What does the Bible say about parents having to raise children to know him?
- Does the government have the responsibility for training children?
- What do educational bureaucrats think of parents training children?
- What do school boards think of parents training children?
- Should school boards be elected by local, state or federal government?
- Should Christians be opposed to government-run education? (public schools)
- How should schools be viewed by parents? As a replacement or as a helper?
- How are schools viewed by those on the left and in communist countries?
- How can you measure how supporting a government is of parental rights?
- How is parental authority viewed in left-wing EU countries like Germany?
- How is parental authority respected in the United States?
- Should parents have a choice of where their children go to school?
- What is a voucher program? How is it related to parental autonomy?
- How does competition (school choice) in education serve parental needs?
- Why do public school teachers, unions and educrats oppose competitition?
- How well do public schools do in educating children to achieve?
- Does the government-run monopoly of public schools produce results?
- Does paying more and more money to public schools make them perform?
- How do teacher unions feel about having to compete in a voucher system?
- Does the public school monopoly penalize the poorest students?
- Does the public school monopoly penalize children of certain races?
- Does the public school monopoly cause racial predujice?
- What else should parents demand on education policy?
- Is it good for parents when schools refuse to fire underperforming teachers?
This podcast is just amazing! This is what we need to be teaching in church. Church should be the place where you go to learn and reflect about how to tailor your life plan based on what the Bible says. And I think that this whole notion of free market – of choice and competition benefiting the consumer (parents) – applies to everything that government does, especially education and health care.
- Wayne Grudem explains what the Bible says about parents and schools
- Wayne Grudem explains what the Bible says about self-defense
- Wayne Grudem explains what the Bible says about capital punishment
- Christian professor of economics discusses capitalism, socialism and the Bible
- How I got interested in the relationship between Christianity and economics
- First Things reviews Jay Richards’ Money, Greed and God
- Ron Nash explains what should Christians believe about social justice