The University of Auckland pro-life group, Prolife Auckland, today announced their successful affiliation at the University of Auckland.
The announcement comes on the heels of the group’s recent overturning of a policy discriminating against pro-life groups at the university. Since 2002, anyone wanting to start a pro-life club on campus has had only one opportunity every 365 days, at an annual general meeting, to try and gain official club status, whereas any other club simply had to apply at a Student Forum, which takes place weekly.
[…]The pro-life group affiliated this afternoon at the Auckland University Students Association (AUSA) forum. Debate occurred over whether the pro-life group should affiliate, with those in favor arguing that all students should have the right to choose what they believe and to express their views on campus.
At least there is some good news, because the University of Calgary students in Canada are getting beaten up. I thought that Canada was more conservative than New Zealand? I guess not.
- University of Calgary convicts eight pro-life students
- University of Calgary denies legal counsel to accused accused students
- University of Calgary students face expulsion for pro-life display
- McGill University and University of Calgary censor pro-life students
- University of Ottawa cancels Ann Coulter appearance
- Ann Coulter files hate speech claim against Canadian university
- Canadian student union leader says pro-lifers are all potential murderers
- Lakehead University bans pro-life club
- Pro-life debater shouted down at McGill University
- Pro-life debater shouted down at St. Mary’s University
- Pro-life club at McGill University banned
- University of Calgary uses police to threaten pro-life students (More from Ezra Levant)
- Canadian pro-life student quarantined by public school principal