I have a lot of friends who keep trying to convince me to move to Texas because it’s so conservative, but I have to tell you that stories like this from Houston of all places realky make me think that Oklahoma, Kansas or even Tennessee would be a better bet.
Breitbart News has the story:
Two daycare workers have been fired for refusing to go along with the center’s transgender agenda.Madeline Kirksey, one of the workers who is an author of a Christian book, says her religious liberty rights have been violated. The two were fired after refusing to call a little girl a boy.
The two male parents of a six-year-old little girl told employees at the school to refer to their daughter as a boy, and to call her by a new masculine name. The little girl’s hair had also been cut like a boy’s.
Kirksey told Breitbart Texas in an interview, that the problem was not so much with the transgender issue as it was with telling young children that the little girl was a boy when she was not, and with calling her “John” (not the name given) when that was not her name.
She, and another worker who does not want to be identified, were fired from the Childrens’ Lighthouse Learning Center in Katy, Texas, a city just west of Houston.
The school distributed guidelines to the teachers called “How to Handle Transgender Students.” The printed guidelines were obtained from the internet and can be read at thislink.
The guidelines and the instructions given the teachers included six rules, one of which was “Help defend their dignity.” Another, was to “Educate yourself and your students.” The Christian worker said she did not believe it “was our job,” to thrust the issue on the small children of other parents. She said the school should not force their beliefs on the children, or on her, or upon other parents.
The author of the Christian book, “In Pursuit of the Promise,” said the other children should not be exposed at such an early age to the issue of transgender or “gender identity,” and felt that the two male parents were imposing the issue on their little girl.
“I don’t think we should be talking to other people’s children who are under the age of 18 about being transgender,” Kirksey said in an interview with Fox26 in Houston. Both of the fired workers agreed on this point.
Kirksey said that prior to this happening, she had been commended for the good work that she was doing at the school. After she refused to call the little girl by her new masculine name, and to tell the other children to do so, and to say that the little girl was a little boy, the daycare worker was written-up for alleged infractions that she did not believe were based in reality. She has worked at the school for over a year.
The fired worker notified Child Protective Services that the little girl was being told that she is now a little boy. She believes that it is up to professionals to determine if the little girl is just confused, or if the new gender is being forced upon the little girl.
Kirksey says sometimes the little girl refers to herself as a little boy, and sometimes she tells the other children to not call her a boy or to refer to her by her masculine name.
The Childrens’ Lighthouse in Katy is just one of the school franchise’s that are all over the country. The company is based in Fort Worth and according to its website, there are 37 learning centers in seven states. The school cares for children ages six weeks to twelve years old.
Recall that Houston was the same city that elected a lesbian mayor who subpoena’d the sermons of pastors in order to find out if they were speaking against same-sex marriage in their churches. Apparently, that’s not allowed in Texas any more.
- Should fascist Democrats allow Christians to work for a living in America?
- Oregon bar owner forced to pay $400,000 for offending transsexuals
- Hillary Clinton supports jailing Christian clerk for dissenting from gay marriage
- In Ohio, faithful Jews and Christians can no longer serve as judges
- Colorado Court of Appeals rules that Christian must bake cakes for gay wedding
- Kentucky bans pastor from prison ministry because he disagrees with homosexuality
- Republicans introduce bill to protect natural marriage supporters
- In Canada, Trinity Western University’s law school loses accreditation
- Couple fined $135,000 for declining to participate in gay marriage
- Ted Cruz shows how to answer questions on social issues from leftist reporter
- Republican Governor Mary Fallin defends religious liberty against gay marriage
- Christian florist Barronelle Stutzman explains what it is like to face persecution
- Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal to anti-marriage corporate bullies: “Save your breath”
- Colorado Civil Rights Commission: anti-conscience laws can only target Christians
- Hillary Clinton attacks Indiana’s religious liberty law
- Navy chaplain removed from unit for teaching Biblical views on sex and marriage
- Alliance Defending Freedom will defend Atlanta fire chief fired for his Christian faith
- Christian magistrate punished for saying children need a mother and a father
- Washington D.C. city council repeals protections for religious schools
- City of Houston demands that pastors hand over all sermons on homosexuality
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules that Christian photographer must affirm gay marriage