What does Joe Biden think about Roman Catholics? He might like you to believe that he’s a great friend of Catholics, so he can get their votes. But he’s very strongly in favor of abortion and infanticide. And he’s also opposed to religious liberty for Roman Catholics. How do I know? Because he said so himself.
Here’s the story from The Federalist:
Biden’s record is one of attacking nuns, not defending them. Last month, he pledged to overturn a Supreme Court decision that affirmed a group of nuns’ right to deny contraceptive coverage based on their sincerely-held religious beliefs. The Little Sisters of the Poor are a Catholic order that has existed since 1839 and serves impovrished elderly in over 30 countries, including the United States. In 2013, the Little Sisters sued the Obama-Biden administration’s Health and Human Services, seeking a religious exemption to providing contraceptives and abortifacients that went against their beliefs. After three years of litigation, the Supreme Court ruled in the Little Sisters’ favor in 2016.
When the Trump administration issued a new rule that expanded religious exemptions to include the Little Sisters, the state of Pennsylvania interfered, suing the administration to take protections away from the nuns. That case also made it to the Supreme Court, which again decided in favor of the Little Sisters in July 2020.
But the day the Supreme Court issued its ruling, Biden promised to take away the nuns’ hard-fought exemption if elected president.
“I am disappointed in today’s U.S. Supreme Court decision,” Biden said in response. “If I am elected I will restore the Obama-Biden policy.”
So, not good on religious liberty, especially for Roman Catholics.
And here’s an interesting article from Life News, about Biden’s support for abortion. Is he a moderate?
NARAL, the pro-abortion political and lobbying organization, yesterday announced its endorsement of pro-abortion former vice president Joe Biden, the presumptive Democrat nominee, for president.
If elected, Biden has promised to:
- enshrine Roe v. Wade in federal law;
- appoint justices who will uphold abortion on demand;
- reverse the Trump Administration’s pro-life policies;
- reverse President Trump’s Title X rule that prevents pro-abortion groups from promoting or referring for abortions;
- promote abortion around the world by reversing the Protecting Life in Global Health Assistance program which prevents federal taxpayer dollars from being used by abortion groups to perform or promote abortion overseas;
- abolish the Hyde Amendment which prevents federal tax dollars from being used to pay for abortions except in cases of rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother.
Joe Biden isn’t a Roman Catholic. Like all other Democrats, he’s an atheist. He doesn’t think that the Bible is an authority on truth or morality. I know, because I looked at his actions. His actions declare that he’s a pro-abortion, anti-Christian bigot.