Budget hawk Paul Ryan on Fox News Sunday.
“The irony of this is the president’s policies do the exact opposite. We basically have this. The president can’t run on his record. It’s a miserable record. He is not going to change his tune and moderate like say Bill Clinton did in 1996 because he’s really stuck with his ideology so he has no choice but to divide. So he is going to run a very decisive campaign for political gain and he has this concept of fairness and equality where he uses the kind of rhetoric we use, but the policies he’s producing will result in crony capitalism will result in more power in the government to supervise our lives, to give us a stagnant economy where the rich and the powerful are the ones who are picking it. So what I’m trying to say is he is giving us a future of debt, doubt, and decline. “
And snippet 2:
“The president isn’t leading. The president isn’t truthful with the American people about what kind of fiscal train wreck is coming, we’re going to be. And we’ll pass budgets to show the country exactly how we propose to fix the problem. You know the thing that is frustrating about this, Chris, is there is an emerging bipartisan census on fixing these big problems. There are Democrats who do agree with us on how to do tax reform. Get the loopholes out, lower the rates. We’re getting a bipartisan consensus on Medicare reform. The problem is the president and his party leader are out on the left standing on the sidelines looking in. So what we clearly need is a new White House and a new Senate and then we can realize this emerging bipartisan consensus on how to fix these problems”.
It’s good that we have Paul Ryan to respond to Obama’s rhetoric.
- Paul Ryan teams up with Democrat Ron Wyden to push Medicare reform plan
- Budget guru Paul Ryan discusses the economy at the Heritage Foundation
- Paul Ryan explains how raising taxes hurts job creation
- Paul Ryan explains why the millionaire tax causes unemployment to rise
- Paul Ryan: cut current spending, cap future spending and balance the budget
- Paul Ryan talks about the looming American debt crisis
- Where does Paul Ryan stand on foreign policy and social issues?
- Paul Ryan responds to his critics on Medicare reform
- What’s wrong with the American economy and how Paul Ryan would fix it
- Republican Paul Ryan proposes over 6 trillion in spending cuts
- Paul Ryan discusses economics at the liberal Brookings Institute
- Paul Ryan explains taxes and spending to Chris Matthews
- Paul Ryan takes on Democrat Brad Sherman on the worsening economy
- Paul Ryan debates Robert Reich on Larry Kudlow show
- Paul Ryan debates on the relationship between tax rates and job creation
- Paul Ryan talks about health care with Chris Matthews and Chris Wallace
- Videos of health care summit speeches by Ryan, Blackburn, Coburn and Alexander
- Paul Ryan discusses Obamacare and the federal budget
- Moderate George Will loves Paul Ryan’s plan for economic recovery
- Paul Ryan confronts Tim Geithner on Obama’s 1.56 trillion budget deficit
- Paul Ryan declares war on Obama’s record 1.56 trillion dollar budget deficit
- Paul Ryan explains the vision of conservativism