Here’s an interview about her latest doings from CNS News.
Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), founder and chair of the House Tea Party Caucus, told CNSNews.com this week that when the Republicans take control of the House of Representatives in January they should kill Obamacare by zeroing-out funding for it, and by the same means remove from office the non-Senate-confirmed “czars” President Barack Obama has named to his administration.
“That’s the beauty of conservatives winning in this election, because the House has the power of the purse and we can zero that out in our budget,” she said.
“Zero out any funding for the current czars, for instance, that the president has,” Bachmann told CNSNews.com in an appearance on “Online With Terry Jeffrey. “Zero out the implementation of Obamacare. Zero out funding for the 16,500 IRS agents who will be the enforcers of Obamacare. All of that needs to be zeroed out.”
When asked whether she was advocating that the Republican majority in the House kill Obamacare by simply using the power of the purse to never approve funding for it, Bachmann said: “Yes.”
[…]“That’s what we’re supposed to do here in Congress, is make our case based upon a principled argument,” the Minnesota conservative told CNSNews.com. ”And we need to make that argument, because to go down the road of funding Obamacare will lead us to socialized medicine.”
Here’s an interesting part of the transcript:
Jeffrey: Congressman, let me turn to some social and cultural issues.
Earlier this year, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi gave a talk where she said that her favorite word was the “Word made flesh,” namely Jesus Christ, and that she believed that she had a duty to pursue policies that were in keeping with the values of Jesus Christ. A reporter from CNSNews.com went to one of her press conferences and asked her when did she believe that the Word was made flesh? Was it at the Annunciation, at the conception of Jesus Christ? Or was it at the Nativity, at the birth of Jesus Christ? And when did Jesus get the right life? Was it at conception? Was it at birth? When did Jesus get the right to life? So I want to ask you that same question that we put to Nancy Pelosi. When was the Word made Flesh? At the conception? And when did Jesus get a right to life?
Bachmann: I think the answer would be John 1:1. The Word was God and the Word was with God from the foundation of the Earth. So, prior to our even being here on the Earth, the Father and the Son were together because all things were created by Jesus Christ and with the Father and held together. And I believe in a triune God: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. That’s when Jesus was created. It’s hard for us to understand, beyond our limits of time, what eternity really means. I don’t know that the mind of man can truly conceive and understand eternity, but we know from the Word of God–I believe the Word of God–that Christ was preeminent. That He was preeminent and before all things and created all things. So, therefore, He always was one with the Father.
Jeffrey: And He became flesh, became a human being–
Bachmann: And dwelt with man.
Jeffrey: And dwelt among us.
Bachmann: And dwelt among us.
Jeffrey: And did Jesus have a right to life from the moment of conception?
Jeffrey: Do all human beings have a right to life?
Bachmann: Yes, they do.
Jeffrey: Should there be legal protection for every human being from the moment of conception?
Bachmann: Yes, there should be.
You can see the full video of the interview and read the full transcript at the CNS News link.
I remember listening to a MacLaurin lecture one day given by Ravi Zacharias in Minnesota. And as I started it up, you will never believe who was introducing him. It was Michele Bachmann. And she was explaining to the audience how she had asked her husband, for her anniversary present, to go and hear Ravi Zacharias speak. She did not ask for stuff. She asked for apologetics. If only this woman could be President, I would be the happiest person in the world.
- Michele Bachmann requests the resignation of Attorney General Eric Holder
- Michele Bachmann attacks government bailout of unions
- Michele Bachmann makes the case for limited government
- Why is the left so angry with Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin?
- Michele Bachmann on Fox News with Laura Ingraham
- Democrats kill Michele Bachmann’s attempt to freeze federal salaries
- Michele Bachmann on the US taxpayer-funded bailout of Greece
- Michele Bachmann explains the Obama’s Wall Street bailout bill
- Michele Bachmann promises to work to repeal Obamacare
- Video of Michele Bachmann defending unborn children
- Michele Bachmann’s passionate and inspiring speech at CPAC 2010
- Michele Bachmann talks about Obamacare and the stimulus package
- Michele Bachmann wants to cancel bonuses for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac CEOs
- What has Michele Bachmann got that third-wave feminists haven’t got?
- Michele Bachmann analyzes Obama’s latest foreign policy blunders
- Congresswomen denounce Obamacare’s rationing of breast cancer exams
- Michele Bachmann video on the future of Obamacare
- Moderate George Will lauds the virtues of Michele Bachmann
- Michele Bachmann is Mrs November in new calendar (and her best video clips)