Michele Bachmann became the queen of 2011 fundraising this quarter, bringing in a combined $2.2 million for the quarter – bigger than the $1.9 million that frontrunner Mitt Romney reported bringing in, officials confirmed for POLITICO.
Bachmann raised $1.7 million for her congressional committee, and another $500,000 for her leadership PAC, Bachmann adviser Andy Parrish said.
The numbers are sure to roil the early presidential-watching, as the Minnesota congresswoman gears up for a likely run for the White House in 2012.
Much of her donations are reportedly small checks.
Bachmann, a tea party favorite, has been getting increasing attention as Sarah Palin appears increasingly unlikely to run.
Michele Bachmann is my pick to be President in 2012. Looks like she is off to a good start.
Just so you know, Mitt Romney is not a strong conservative. He enacted socialized medicine, with an individual mandate, in Massachusetts when he was the governor. It is suffering from enormous deficits. And in my opinion, he is pro-abortion, although he claims not to be when he is running for President.
- Michele Bachmann looking presidential against the liberal media
- Michele Bachmann courts homeschoolers in Iowa speech
- Michele Bachmann and Paul Ryan on the Wisconsin teacher union pensions
- Video and transcripts of response speeches by Paul Ryan and Michele Bachmann
- What was the context of Michele Bachmann’s “armed and dangerous” comment?
- AT LAST: Michele Bachmann open to presidential run in 2012
- Megyn Kelly and Michele Bachmann on the Bush tax cut deal
- CNS News interviews Michele Bachmann
- Michele Bachmann requests the resignation of Attorney General Eric Holder
- Michele Bachmann attacks government bailout of unions
- Michele Bachmann makes the case for limited government
- Why is the left so angry with Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin?
- Michele Bachmann on Fox News with Laura Ingraham
- Democrats kill Michele Bachmann’s attempt to freeze federal salaries
- Michele Bachmann on the US taxpayer-funded bailout of Greece
- Michele Bachmann explains the Obama’s Wall Street bailout bill
- Michele Bachmann promises to work to repeal Obamacare
- Video of Michele Bachmann defending unborn children
- Michele Bachmann’s passionate and inspiring speech at CPAC 2010
- Michele Bachmann talks about Obamacare and the stimulus package
- Michele Bachmann wants to cancel bonuses for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac CEOs
- Michele Bachmann analyzes Obama’s latest foreign policy blunders
- Congresswomen denounce Obamacare’s rationing of breast cancer exams
- Michele Bachmann video on the future of Obamacare
- Moderate George Will lauds the virtues of Michele Bachmann
- Michele Bachmann is Mrs November in new calendar (and her best video clips)