Welcome to episode 29 of the Knight and Rose podcast! In this episode, Wintery Knight and Desert Rose strategies for finding a partner for life-long married love. This episode contains mature subject matter. Listener discretion is advised. If you like this episode, please subscribe to the podcast, and subscribe to our YouTube channel. We would appreciate it if you left us a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Christian apologists Wintery Knight and Desert Rose discuss apologetics, policy, culture, relationships, and more. Each episode equips you with evidence you can use to boldly engage anyone, anywhere. We train our listeners to become Christian secret agents. Action and adventure guaranteed. 30-45 minutes per episode. New episode every week.
Wintery Knight and Desert Rose discuss how to find a partner to marry. We talk about God’s design for marriage, and contrast that with society’s view of marriage. We talk about how to measure a person’s suitability for marriage. We contrast our strategies with a half-dozen rival strategies, using peer-reviewed research. We talk about compatibility and common areas of tension. And we recommend our favorite book about marriage.
Wintery Knight is a black legal immigrant. He is a senior software engineer by day, and an amateur Christian apologist by night. He has been blogging at winteryknight.com since January of 2009, covering news, policy and Christian worldview issues.
Desert Rose did her undergraduate degree in public policy, and then worked for a conservative Washington lobbyist organization. She also has a graduate degree from a prestigious evangelical seminary. She is active in Christian apologetics as a speaker, author, and teacher.
In the podcast, we kept saying that “Gary Chapman” wrote “The Sacred Search”. It’s actually Gary Thomas. Gary Chapman wrote “The Five Love Languages”, which is another of our favorite books. We apologize for the confusion.
- The Sacred Search by Gary Thomas
- Compatibility or restraint? The effects of sexual timing on marriage relationships (Institute for Family Studies)
- Counterintuitive Trends in the Link Between Premarital Sex and Marital Stability (Institute for Family Studies)
- Discussion between Christian man “My 2 Cents” and two Christian women in the comments of my post on divorce
My 2 Cents:
We mentioned my friend My 2 Cents in our podcast, who is another Christian man who is amazing on the topic of dating and marriage. I highly recommend his YouTube channel. He definitely has a very developed, thoughtful view on marriage that respects chastity but is brutally realistic about what men are facing.
He did a series defending traditional marriage from a red-pilled male perspective:
- What is Marriage and Why is it Important?
- Why Traditional Gender Roles Matter in Marriage
- Marriage and the State
- Private Marriage, Promises, and Guarantees
- The Truth about Domestic Abuse
And here are some of his popular videos:
- The Bachelorette’s Hannah Brown is Why Men Don’t Want Marriage
- Feminist Gives 9 Reasons Women Can’t Find “Good” Men
- Debunking Allyson Rowe’s Bad Marriage Advice
- Katie Emmerson Debunked: Men DO Prefer Debt-Free Virgins
- Calling Out Allyson Rowe-Regret Does Not Make You a Victim
- Tomi Lahren’s Feminist Fail
- Dear Women, Your Sexual Past DOES Matter (Tiffany Dawn Debunked)
- Discussion with Jenna Harmon about Men and Women Today
Podcast RSS feed:
You can use this to subscribe to the podcast from your phone or tablet. I use the open-source AntennaPod app on my Android phone.
Podcast channel pages:
- Apple Podcasts / iTunes
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music / Audible
- TuneIn / Alexa
- Podcast Addict
- Listen Notes
Video channel pages:
Strength Of The Titans by Kevin MacLeod