ECM sent me this article from The Daily Caller.
Top Internal Revenue Service Obamacare official Sarah Hall Ingram discussed confidential taxpayer information with senior Obama White House officials, according to 2012 emails obtained by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee and provided to The Daily Caller.
Lois Lerner, then head of the IRS Tax Exempt Organizations division, also received an email alongside White House officials that contained confidential information.
Ingram attempted to counsel the White House on a lawsuit from religious organizations opposing Obamacare’s contraception mandate. Email exchanges involving Ingram and White House officials — including White House health policy advisor Ellen Montz and deputy assistant to the president for health policy Jeanne Lambrew — contained confidential taxpayer information, according to Oversight.
[…]Federal employees who illegally disclose confidential taxpayer information could face five years in prison.
[…]Ingram appeared before Rep. Darrell Issa’s House Oversight Committee Wednesday and claimed she could not recall a document that contained confidential taxpayer information.
[…]Issa has requested unredacted copies of the emails, citing a prohibition from misusing Section 6103 “for the purpose of concealing information from a congressional inquiry.”
Ingram headed the scandal-ridden IRS office responsible for overseeing tax-exempt nonprofit groups before leaving to head the agency’s office in charge of Obamacare implementation.
I am not confident that any of the people responsible will face justice. Unless the Republicans are elected, all of this is going to be swept under the rug. Certainly, the media has no interest in holding the government accountable.
- IRS hindered efforts to stop illegal immigrants from using fake Social Security numbers
- IRS employee union opposes making Obamacare apply to themselves
- DOJ won’t prosecute government officials for unauthorized access of tax records
- Treasury Dept. IG: IRS targeted 292 Tea Party groups but only 6 progressive groups
- New study: IRS targeting of Tea Party conservatives had significant effect on 2012 election
- IRS sent $46 million in “tax refunds” to 23,994 illegal aliens, all living at the same address
- Human Rights Campaign refuses to reveal name of IRS leaker
- Phone call recording of IRS agent reveals anti-Christian, anti free speech bias
- Obama’s deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter met with IRS chief at the White House
- MUST-SEE: Founder of Tea Party group testifies in Congress about IRS fascism
- Cincinnati IRS employee: Washington told us to target the Tea Party
- IRS chief visited White House a reported 118 times from 2010 to 2011
- IRS fascist Lois Lerner pleads the fifth to avoid transparency and accountability
- A closer look at one of the conservatives persecuted by the IRS
- Obama met with anti-Tea Party IRS Union boss one day before the IRS persecutions began
- The IRS abuse of power scandal started from the top
- IRS official who targeted Tea Party groups now a director in Obamacare administration
- IRS audited the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association after they ran pro-marriage ads
- IRS gave confidential documents from conservative groups to liberal group ProPublica
- IRS apologizes for flagging conservative groups for audits in 2012 election year
- IRS refunding billions to illegal immigrants for children in Mexico