My favorite living economist!
The links below will take you to streaming videos.
- Part 1 (7 minutes) The economics of the housing boom.
- Part 2 (6 minutes) The politics of the housing boom.
- Part 3 (6 minutes) The origins and unique features of the housing bust.
- Part 4 (6 minutes) The pitfalls of New Deal thinking.
- Part 5 (9 minutes) The economic proposals of the Obama administration.
Thanks to ECM for notifying me about these videos!
About Thomas Sowell
Thomas Sowell has studied and taught economics, intellectual history, and social policy at institutions that include Cornell, UCLA, and Amherst. Now a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, Sowell has published more than a dozen books. His latest book is The Housing Boom and Bust.