This is reported by the ultra-leftist BBC, so they are very politically correct.
As many as 373 children may have been targeted for sex by gangs of men in Oxfordshire in the last 16 years, a serious case review found.
The investigation came after a sadistic sex gang of seven men were jailed in 2013 for abusing six girls in Oxford, between 2004 and 2012.
Thames Valley Police and Oxfordshire County Council made “many errors” in that case and could have acted sooner.
A victim of the gang said the issue had been “swept under the carpet”.
Of the 373 cases, the council said about 50 victims were boys.
[…]The report also called for research into why a significant proportion of people convicted in these kind of cases are of “Pakistani and/or Muslim heritage”.
In the Oxford case, known as Operation Bullfinch, two of the men were of east African origin and five of Pakistani origin.
Part of the problem with dealing with problems caused by unrestricted immigration from Muslim countries (e.g. – gang raping, sex-trafficking, terrorism) is that the leftist political parties don’t dare take action for fear of offending Muslims.
You’ll recall that our own State Department and President have both made statements to the effect that Islamic terrorists are only committing acts of terrorism because they are poor. Presumably, they also think that poor Christians and Jews would do the same if they were poor. It has nothing at all to do with an anti-West culture that is rooted in radical Islam. The solution – according to the secular left – is to give them jobs.
Let’s take a look at the story of Jihad John to see how well that worked:
Jihadi John family’s 20 years on benefits: How it’s cost taxpayers up to £400k to house fanatic and his relatives in upmarket areas
- Mohammed Emwazi’s family granted asylum in 1996 after leaving Kuwait
- They have since lived in five homes, one of which was worth £450 per week
- Neither his father Jasem, 51, nor mother Ghaneya worked while in Britain
- Westminster City Council is still paying rent on family’s £600,000 flat
- One landlord described the family as ‘parasites’ and ‘tenants from hell’
- MPs blasted family for ‘abusing hospitality’ and say payouts are ‘disgrace’
Jihadi John and his asylum-seeking family have milked the British benefits system for 20 years, the Mail can reveal today.
Housing the Islamic State executioner and his relatives in affluent parts of London has cost taxpayers up to £400,000.
One landlord said Mohammed Emwazi’s family were ‘parasites’ and ‘tenants from hell’. Incredibly, they are still believed to be pocketing £40,000 a year in handouts despite there being no sign of them in Britain.
Emwazi’s father Jasem, who has six children, is back in his native Kuwait – the country he claimed he fled fearing for his life.
Westminster City Council is still paying the rent on the family’s £600,000 flat even though the rules say housing benefit should normally be stopped after 13 weeks.
[…]The Mail investigation can also reveal that:
- The family fled Kuwait after the first Gulf War, claiming persecution because they were seen to favour the Iraqi invasion in 1990;
- They claimed asylum in the UK and won refugee status in 1996;
- Five years later they were made British citizens and then started travelling back to Kuwait;
- The family have claimed hundreds of thousands of pounds in benefits in Britain since their arrival in the country and lived in homes costing £450 a week;
- Emwazi’s father is now back working in Kuwait while the family continues to receive state assistance for the home in Queen’s Park.
The owner of a house in Little Venice where they lived for four years said Westminster City Council paid £450 a week in rent for the family – £23,400 a year.
Two more of the five owners of homes they have lived in have confirmed their rent was paid by the council or through a housing association.
Assuming the same £23,400-a-year cost, then the bill over 20 years is £468,000.
I think what the secular left really means by “give them jobs” is “give them money for doing nothing”, i.e. – welfare. Political correctness is an ideology for wealthy elites, but it’s not so good for the poor people who actually have to deal with the consequences of the bad policies.
Now if you ask the Labour Party, who created these generous immigration policies and welfare programs, about their policies, they will tell you that this is all working as designed. It’s a feature, not a bug. They feel very good about themselves, calling good evil, and evil good. They are very generous handing out money they didn’t work for to people who then use it to kill the people who worked for the money. This is morally good, according to the secular left.
If we are really going to get serious about the problem, maybe we need leaders who aren’t so politically correct.