From CNS News.
Within 24 hours of the deadly attack, the CIA station chief in Libya reported to Washington that there were eyewitness reports that the attack was carried out by militants, officials told The Associated Press. But for days, the Obama administration blamed it on an out-of-control demonstration over an American-made video ridiculing Islam’s Prophet Muhammad.
[…][T]he issue has given Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney an opportunity to question Obama on foreign policy and national security, two areas that have received little attention in an election dominated by the U.S. economy. Obama’s signature national security accomplishment is the military’s killing of terrorist leader Osama bin Laden.
Ryan was teeing up the issue for Monday’s presidential debate on foreign policy.
“I’m excited we’re going to have a chance to talk about that on Monday,” Ryan said.
Obama, speaking Thursday on Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show,” insisted that information was shared with the American people as it came in.
I am looking forward to that debate on foreign policy, this Monday night.
Previously, I blogged about how the State Department account of the events also contradicted the Obama administration’s account, which made Muslims look like innocent victims of offensive free speech by Americans. The Obama campaign is not doing too well in its fundraising, so they can ill afford to offend one of their most-favored constituencies by making them look like the bad guys.
- Israel reports first use of shoulder-fired surface-air-missiles by Gaza terrorists
- Biased CNN liberal moderator Candy Crowley admits Romney correct about Benghazi
- Obama’s Watergate: State Department falsifies Obama’s Benghazi cover-up
- Benghazi attack was a massive failure of Obama’s security policy
- Obama justifies censorship by blaming a Youtube clip for a planned terrorist attack
- UK Independent: “America ‘was warned of embassy attack but did nothing’”
- Al Qaeda chief suspect in Libya terrorist attack, Obama flies to Las Vegas fundraiser
- Obama administration warns contractors to delay layoffs to after election
- Obama wants to send $1 billion of aid to Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt
- Report: Iran shipping arms and personnel to Syria through Iraq
- Obama is skipping over half of his daily intelligence briefings (PDBs)
- The top 10 foreign policy failures of the Obama administration
- Russian attack submarine operates undetected in Gulf of Mexico for a month
- Democrat defense cuts to an already weakened military expose us to aggression
- Richard Miniter: Obama canceled Bin Laden kill mission THREE TIMES
- Can the Democrats be trusted to protect our national security?
- Obama administration leaked name of British agent who stopped Al Qaeda attack
- Obama overrides Congress to send $192 million to Palestinian Authority
- Obama’s neutrality on the Falklands dispute puts special relationship at risk
- Obama’s Arab Spring: Rockets fired from Egypt hit Israeli city
- Is the Obama administration behind the leak of Israel’s plan to strike Iran?
- Top Iranian official assisting Syria to crackdown on protestors
- Former DEA chief warns of cooperation between Hezbollah and drug cartels
- Iran launches Spanish-language TV channel in Venezuela
- Obama’s defense cuts undermine our national security
- Iran set to steal military technology from the drone Obama gave them
- Iraq plunges into chaos as U.S. troops withdraw
- Iran laughs as Obama pleads for return of unmanned drone
One thought on “CIA in Libya reported that Benghazi was a terrorist attack in first 24 hours”
This is why you’re gonna be under Obama for four more years (and taking my class) – you believe a couple of Americans dying in a country almost no one knows where it is and even fewer care about will have any impact on anything.
I did a simple stroll poll here in Irvine CA – which is very republican. I’ve asked about 20 – 25 people and no one knew what Benghazi was if I asked there where is benghazi and why it’s important (why it’s important I guess is a trick question since it’s not important). I asked the same people where Libya was – those that ventured a guess thought it was in the middle east. Only 4 got it right that it was in Northern Africa.
My conculsion: no one cares about a country that has no affect what-so-ever on the USA or any of it’s policies. The reds are wasting so much time on this topic and ignoring topics that can help them win the election.
So McCain’s Achilles heel was Palin and one of Romneys (he has too many at this point) will be focusing on this topic that I will venture 95% of Americans care nothing about instead of focusing on why he would be a better president.