From the UK Telegraph. (H/T Dina)
According to statistics, thousands of women are using the service to terminate unwanted foetuses; in some cases up to nine times.
The abortions are understood to cost up to £1,000 every time, with five out of every six repeat terminations being requested by a woman who is unmarried.
In 2010, 189,000 terminations took place, with more than 64,000 of them being performed on someone who had already undergone the procedure.
The statistics, revealed by the Department of Health in response to a Parliamentary question entered by Diane Abbott MP, have led some critics to accuse women of using the procedure as a form of contraception.
Josephine Quintavalle, from the Pro-Life Alliance, told the Daily Mail: ‘The number of repeat abortions is simply extraordinary.
“Abortion is an unpleasant and harrowing experience for women and to hear it is happening repeatedly makes your hair stand on end.
“These figures show that sadly, abortion is being seen by many as a form of contraception.
“But is this surprising when we live in a society which says it’s all right to have an abortion once.
“If it’s fine once, why not two, three or four times.”
It is understood repeat abortions currently account for around a thirds of all terminations.
The figures showed the majority of repeat abortions happened in London, with more than half of all of the procedures performed in Croydon being on women for the second time or more.
Around 9,500 women across the country were married, with a further 50,000 being single or living with a partner. In 2010, 85 women had an abortion for the eighth time.
In the UK, schools teach sex education to 5 year olds. So they have quite naturally had an explosion in the number of abortions, as well as the number of out-of-wedlock births.
The UK has generous welfare benefits for single mothers who have children out of wedlock.
Single mother Tracey Turner, 26… currently receives £136.50 a week in benefits, which includes £42.50 income support and £94 child tax credit.
On top of this, her local council pays all of her £161-a-week rent and gives her a hefty discount on local rates.
A British pound is worth about $1.60 USD. 300 pounds a week x 52 weeks = 15500 pounds = about $25000 USD per year in benefits, not including the “hefty discount on local rates”. Local rates = local tax rates. This is not counting any other welfare programs that might be offered to those who choose to be sexually active before they have gotten a man to commit to provide for them for life. Why be accountable to a man when you can get free abortions and/or free welfare checks? Just pick the one you like best – who cares if can provide or not, as long as he’s good looking and fun. What could go wrong?
- What happens when the government pays people to have babies out-of-wedlock?
- British woman has sex with strangers in order to get fatherless child
- The UK has generous welfare benefits for single mothers
- Switzerland company to manufacture condoms for 12-14 year olds
- Sex-education video prompts mother to transfer out 7-year old daughter
- Most children of British mothers born out of wedlock – UK Telegraph
- Less than half of 7 to 21 year old women think marriage precedes child-bearing
- Public schools hand out condoms to 5-year olds without parental consent
- Teacher union promotes sexualizing children at United Nations conference
- New survey finds women more sexually active than men in high school
- Research to help you understand the “hook-up” culture on campus
- Why do feminist academics think that feminism has empowered women?
- Who is really responsible for the abolition of marriage? Men or feminists?
- Who is to blame for the hook-up culture?
- What causes women to become single mothers, and how are children affected?
- Canadian study suggests how parents can influence children’s sexual choices