IMDB rating: [7.6/10]
Two powerful German guns control the seas past the Greek island of Navarone making the evacuation of endangered British troops on a neighboring island impossible. Air attack is useless so a team of six Allied and Greek soldiers is put ashore to meet up with partisans to try and dynamite the guns. The mission is perilous enough anyway but are the Germans on the island getting further help too?
Sorry about the annoying subtitles. Also, note that this movie is using American vehicles instead of German vehicles for the tanks and armored cars. They used American M8 Greyhound armored cars instead of German Sd. Kfz. armored cars or even half tracks. Worse than that, they use American M24 Chaffee light tanks instead of Panzer IIIs, Panzer IVs or even Tigers. Very annoying!!!! The Stuka dive bombers were real, though. Oh, well.
- Friday night movie: Went the Day Well? (1942)
- Friday night movie: The Cruel Sea (1953)
- Friday night movie: Cyrano de Bergerac (1950)
- Friday night movie: Horatio Hornblower (1951)
- Friday night movie: The Robe (1953)
- Friday night spies: Four more episodes of Danger Man
- Friday night movie: Run Silent, Run Deep (1958)
- Friday night detectives: two episodes of Sherlock Holmes
- Friday night movie: The Silver Fleet (1943)
- Friday night movie: One of Our Aircraft is Missing (1942)
- Friday night spies: Decision Before Dawn (1951)
- Friday night movie: The First of the Few (1942)
- Friday is Spy-Day! Watch four episodes of Danger Man