Welcome to episode 28 of the Knight and Rose podcast! In this episode, Wintery Knight and Desert Rose discuss the definition of marriage, and why marriage matters. This episode contains mature subject matter. Listener discretion is advised. If you like this episode, please subscribe to the podcast, and subscribe to our YouTube channel. We would appreciate it if you left us a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Christian apologists Wintery Knight and Desert Rose discuss apologetics, policy, culture, relationships, and more. Each episode equips you with evidence you can use to boldly engage anyone, anywhere. We train our listeners to become Christian secret agents. Action and adventure guaranteed. 30-45 minutes per episode. New episode every week.
Wintery Knight and Desert Rose discuss the definition of marriage. We talk about why government is interested in marriage. We discuss two different re-definitions of marriage. We explain how each re-definition of marriage affected society, culture and children. We answer objections to traditional marriage. We end the episode by talking about Jesus’ definition of marriage. This episode contains mature subject matter. Listener discretion is advised.
Wintery Knight is a black legal immigrant. He is a senior software engineer by day, and an amateur Christian apologist by night. He has been blogging at winteryknight.com since January of 2009, covering news, policy and Christian worldview issues.
Desert Rose did her undergraduate degree in public policy, and then worked for a conservative Washington lobbyist organization. She also has a graduate degree from a prestigious evangelical seminary. She is active in Christian apologetics as a speaker, author, and teacher.
- Them Before Us: Why We Need a Global Children’s Rights Movement by Katy Faust and Stacy Manning
- The effects of parental divorce on children Psychiatriki (PubMed)
- Between Two Worlds: The Inner Lives of Children of Divorce by Elizabeth Marquardt
- The Unexpected Legacy of Divorce by Judith Wallerstein
- New Research on Same-Sex Households Reveals Kids Do Best With Mom and Dad (The Public Discourse)
- A Married Mom and Dad Really Do Matter: New Evidence from Canada (The Public Discourse)
- Intimate partner violence: Experiences of sexual minority women in Canada, 2018 (Statistics Canada)
- Intimate partner violence: Experiences of sexual minority men in Canada, 2018 (Statistics Canada)
- Open relationships, non-consensual non-monogamy, and monogamy among US adults: Findings from the 2012 National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior (Archives of Sexual Behavior, 2018)
- Stability Rates of Same-Sex Couples: With and Without Children (Marriage & Family Review, 2020)
- NYC judge rules polyamorous unions entitled to same legal protections as 2-person relationships (New York Post)
- Gay men sue New York City to gain access to women’s bodies, claim surrogacy is ‘fertility treatment’ (The Post Millennial)
Podcast RSS feed:
You can use this to subscribe to the podcast from your phone or tablet. I use the open-source AntennaPod app on my Android phone.
Podcast channel pages:
- Apple Podcasts / iTunes
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music / Audible
- TuneIn / Alexa
- Podcast Addict
- Listen Notes
Video channel pages:
Strength Of The Titans by Kevin MacLeod