A very interesting story came out recently from China, where a star tennis player named Peng Shuai disappeared after accusing a high-up Chinese politician of rape. Western journalists made a video to talk about the facts of the case, and posted it to YouTube. But the Democrats who run YouTube (which is owned by Google) took action against the video, showing their real views on sexual assault.
The Federalist explains:
YouTube and its parent company Google targeted a video about the suspicious disappearance of Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai by journalists Saagar Enjeti and Krystal Ball on Thursday, in a continuation of the tech company’s running interference for communist China.
In a 10-minute “Breaking Points” video titled “Chinese Tennis Star VANISHES After Rape Accusation,” Enjeti and Ball discuss Shuai’s allegations that China’s former Vice-Premier Zhang Gaoli sexually assaulted her. “After she posted that, overnight, she was disappeared from the Chinese social media,” Enjeti says in the video.
Enjeti also noted that a Chinese state media outlet had released a statement purported to be from Shuai, denying the allegations and insisting, “I’m not missing” and “everything is fine.”
“I hope to promote Chinese tennis with you all if I have a chance in the future,” the statement continued. Enjeti said the statement only increased concerns of the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) about Shuai’s statements.
“Reports are that if you even post about her or about this official or even say things like ‘tennis’ on … their version of Twitter, then that will be censored and blocked,” Ball added, noting that Shuai’s original post alleging the assault was taken down by Chinese censors within 30 minutes.
Everyone expects the communists to disappear people, enslave them, throw them into gulags, rape them and kill them. But did you know what Google / YouTube’s view on all that is?
But after “Breaking Points” posted the video about censorship in communist China, Enjeti said YouTube notified the journalists that their video had been found not “suitable for all advertisers” and “as a result, it will continue to run limited or no ads.”
The notification also said the video had been “manually review[ed],” confirming that no accidental algorithmic error was responsible.
I was going to come up with a long list of censorship performed by Google / YouTube, but the rest of The Federalist article has everything I would tell you and more:
The incident isn’t the first time Google has worked in tandem with Chinese censors. The Intercept reported in 2018 that Google would be introducing “Project Dragonfly,” a censored search engine in China, “which will block searches related to free speech, human rights, and democracy” and “reportedly link any searches entered by a user directly to his or her phone number, allowing Chinese authorities to easily track citizens seeking out blacklisted information,” as Mitchell Gunter wrote for The Federalist at the time.
The same summer, Google refused to work with U.S. authorities at the Pentagon when the company “announced it wouldn’t renew a contract to do artificial intelligence work for the U.S. military after some strong opposition from its employees.”
Censorship of Enjeti and Ball’s video is also only the latest in a long line of censorship by Google and YouTube. In September, Google moved to ban advertisements about abortion pill reversal by pro-life groups like Live Action. Earlier this year, Google-owned YouTube deplatformed another pro-life group, LifeSiteNews.
In June 2020, YouTube removed a video from the Heritage Foundation in which Walt Heyer discussed his regret over his transgender-identifying past.
That same month, Google colluded with NBC News in an attempt to deplatform The Federalist, which Google then claimed was based on content in the comments section of The Federalist’s articles.
In 2019, Google barred the conservative Claremont Institute from buying ads for its 40th-anniversary gala. And when the pro-life film “Unplanned” came out, Google labeled it “Propaganda” while leaving a “History/War” label on an actual Nazi propaganda video from 1935.
YouTube has also censored Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul for challenging the effectiveness of cloth masks and Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson for discussing the early treatment of COVID-19. Other content targeted by the video platform includes all videos highlighting voter fraud, videos of former President Donald Trump’s speech at the 2021 Conservative Political Action Conference, and videos about COVID-19 from Sky News Australia.
Now me. In 2016, just before Trump won the election, I was getting about 1000 page views per day from traffic from the Google search engine. These days, it’s less than 20 per day. I get more traffic from Bing and DuckDuckGo than from Google. They are clearly involved in censoring conservative, Christian voices.
But, censorship doesn’t bother me. I’m doing what I do to act as an authentic Christian before God. I’m not going to be lumped in with the secular leftist pedophiles in Hell when it’s my turn to get judged. But that’s where the people who run Google and YouTube are going. And I’m so happy about that. That’s where they belong. With no parole, and no early release. No release at all.
One thought on “What do the Democrats who run Google and YouTube believe about sexual assault?”
Marxists care about defending other Marxists more than they do human rights atrocities, although they do a very “good” job of committing human rights atrocities too.
BTW, this is another area that Trump stood strong – in fighting against censorship and for religious freedom. But, I was “assured” a year ago by weak “men” of “faith” that his “mean” tweets were the “cause” of division and that Dimms can actually be “Christians.”
LikeLiked by 1 person