Wow, “dead broke” indeed.
The Weekly Standard reports:
Disclosure forms filed with the Federal Election Commission by Hillary Clinton provide fascinating details of the remarkable money-making machine that is the once-and-possibly-future first couple. Between January 2014 and the filing of the forms on May 15, 2015 (up to and including a speech by Bill Clinton to the American Institute of Architects the day before the filing), the Clintons made about $30 million, approximately $25 million from speeches alone.
Both of the Clintons have given speeches regularly in the 16-month period covered in the filing with rarely more than a few weeks off in between engagements. Often events are crowded together during a period of several days, sometimes with more than one speech on the same day. On a single day last October, Bill and Hillary delivered a total of four speeches, taking home over $1 million. Those four speeches fell in the middle of a three-day blitz that brought in a total of $1,511,000. (Mrs. Clinton edged out her husband $786,000 to $725,000.)
[…]Although the audiences for the Clintons vary widely, the actual content and duration of the speeches is not always revealed. However, a YouTube video of Bill Clinton’s recent speech to the American Institute of Architects, apparently recorded by an attendee, shows that the $250,000 fee paid to Mr. Clinton purchased the group a 23 minute speech, an hourly rate of about $652,000.
On a per-hour basis, she makes more than all of the CEOs of the largest companies.
That’s from this astounding article from the Washington Examiner.
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is drawing a populist bead on lavish Wall Street pay packages as she revs up her march to the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination, but in some respects the fat-per-speech fee she can charge puts her far ahead of the top 10 highest-paid American CEOs.
“I think it’s fair to say that if you look across the country, the deck is stacked in favor of those already at the top. There’s something wrong when CEOs make 300 times more than the American worker…,” Clinton said during her first campaign swing last week at an Iowa community college.
Bashing Wall Streeters is part of Clinton’s strategy of remaking her image to appear more sympathetic to middle class voters, while also appealing to left-wing Democrats who are attracted to Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and the even more radical supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders, the Vermont socialist who talks of seeking the 2016 nomination.
Let’s compare the per-hour rate of pay for Hillary compared to the top American CEOs:
On that basis, the CEOs are pikers compared to an hour of Clinton speaking for $300,000. Hammergren, for example, makes only $63,076 for the same hour of labor. Clothing magnate Ralph Lauren, the second best-paid CEO on the Forbes list receives $32,067. Vornado Realty’s Michael Fasitelli, the third-place CEO, gets $30,961 per hour.
And this is what her speeches are like:
Is that worth millions of dollars? When you put this together with the secretive Clinton Foundation, it looks like something else might be going on here.
The radically leftist New York Times is saying that the “dead broke” Clintons made $30 million in a 16-month period.
Hillary Rodham Clinton and her husband made at least $30 million over the last 16 months, mainly from giving paid speeches to corporations, banks and other organizations, according to financial disclosure forms filed with federal elections officials on Friday.
The sum, which makes Mrs. Clinton among the wealthiest of the 2016 presidential candidates, could create challenges for the former secretary of state as she tries to cast herself as a champion of everyday Americans in an era of income inequality.
The $25 million in speaking fees since the beginning of last year continue a lucrative trend for the Clintons: They have now earned more than $125 million on the circuit since leaving the White House in 2001.
In addition, the report shows, Mrs. Clinton reported income exceeding $5 million from her memoir of her time as secretary of state, “Hard Choices.”
Now, she wants to save us from the “1%”. She’s the 1% of the 1% of the 1%.
- George Stephanopolous was a member of the Clinton Global Initiative in 2010 and 2011
- Former CIA deputy director: foreign countries have everything on Clinton’s e-mail server
- ABC News anchor who defended Clinton Foundation donated $75,000 to Clinton Foundation
- Only 10% of money given to Clinton Foundation goes to charity
- Mitt Romney: Hillary’s Clinton Foundation Uranium One scandal “looks like bribery”
- New study: how the mainstream media deleted Hillary Clinton’s e-mail scandal
- “Dead broke” Hillary Clinton makes more money in an hour than top-paid CEO
- New book by Peter Schweizer: Clinton State Department favored foreign donors
- Largest individual donor to Clinton Foundation has trade ties to Iran
- Clinton Foundation continues to take donations from regimes that oppress women
- What are Hillary Clinton’s views on amnesty and illegal immigration?
- Hillary Clinton never signed separation form that required her to turn over all e-mails
- Could Hillary Clinton be sent to prison because of her secret e-mail server?
- Hillary Clinton deleted 32,000 e-mails, refuses to turn over her home-based server
- Clinton Foundation: all eight of the highest paid executives are men
- E-mails released by Clinton: there are “months, and months, and months” missing
- Hillary Clinton used her private e-mail account to conduct State Department business
- E-mails: Hillary Clinton’s top aides knew in minutes that Benghazi was a terrorist attack
- Clinton Foundation receives millions in donations from regimes that oppress women
- As senator, Hillary Clinton paid women 72 cents for every dollar she paid men
- Hillary Clinton’s fake Bosnia gunfire story and her abortion award
- Hillary Clinton: don’t let anybody tell you that corporations and businesses create jobs
- Hillary Clinton aides were present to “separate” damaging documents before Benghazi probe
- Universities raise tuition while paying hundreds of thousands to Hillary Clinton to speak
- State Department ignored Boko Haram for two years, under Hillary Clinton
- Hillary Clinton opposes bill to cut taxpayer funding of abortions abroad