This is from the radically leftist New York Times, of all places.
The book does not hit shelves until May 5, but already the Republican Rand Paul has called its findings “big news” that will “shock people” and make voters “question” the candidacy of Hillary Rodham Clinton.
“Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich,” by Peter Schweizer — a 186-page investigation of donations made to the Clinton Foundation by foreign entities — is proving the most anticipated and feared book of a presidential cycle still in its infancy.
The book, a copy of which was obtained by The New York Times, asserts that foreign entities who made payments to the Clinton Foundation and to Mr. Clinton through high speaking fees received favors from Mrs. Clinton’s State Department in return.
“We will see a pattern of financial transactions involving the Clintons that occurred contemporaneous with favorable U.S. policy decisions benefiting those providing the funds,” Mr. Schweizer writes.
His examples include a free-trade agreement in Colombia that benefited a major foundation donor’s natural resource investments in the South American nation, development projects in the aftermath of the Haitian earthquake in 2010, and more than $1 million in payments to Mr. Clinton by a Canadian bank and major shareholder in the Keystone XL oil pipeline around the time the project was being debated in the State Department.
This is the piece that is missing in this Clinton Foundation story – the piece that could sink her, even if she has a $2.5 billion campaign war chest.
The book description from Amazon.com:
In 2000 Bill and Hillary Clinton owed millions of dollars in legal debt. Since then they’ve earned over $130 million. Where did the money come from? Most people assume the Clintons amassed their wealth through lucrative book deals and high-six-figure fees for speaking gigs. Now Peter Schweizer shows who is really behind those enormous payments.
In his New York Times best-selling books Extortion and Throw Them All Out, Schweizer detailed patterns of official corruption in Washington that led to congressional resignations and new ethics laws. In Clinton Cash he follows the Clinton money trail, revealing the connection between their personal fortune, their close personal friends, the Clinton Foundation, foreign nations, and some of the highest ranks of government.
Schweizer reveals the Clintons’ troubling dealings in Kazakhstan, Colombia, Haiti, and other places at the Wild West fringe of the global economy, where business is often conducted on the basis of bribes and personal connections. In this blockbuster exposé, Schweizer does not allege illegal or unethical behavior; he merely presents the troubling facts he’s uncovered. Meticulously researched and scrupulously sourced, filled with headline-making revelations, Clinton Cash raises serious questions of judgment, of possible indebtedness to an array of foreign interests, and ultimately of fitness for high public office.
Peter Schweizer is one of my favorite authors, and his research in his previous books was first class scholarship. I’m excited to see that he is hitting this story with a thorough review right when the story is heating up. He has to do the work that the mainstream media won’t do, or we will end up with another Obama.
- Largest individual donor to Clinton Foundation has trade ties to Iran
- Clinton Foundation continues to take donations from regimes that oppress women
- What are Hillary Clinton’s views on amnesty and illegal immigration?
- Hillary Clinton never signed separation form that required her to turn over all e-mails
- Could Hillary Clinton be sent to prison because of her secret e-mail server?
- Hillary Clinton deleted 32,000 e-mails, refuses to turn over her home-based server
- Clinton Foundation: all eight of the highest paid executives are men
- E-mails released by Clinton: there are “months, and months, and months” missing
- Hillary Clinton used her private e-mail account to conduct State Department business
- E-mails: Hillary Clinton’s top aides knew in minutes that Benghazi was a terrorist attack
- Clinton Foundation receives millions in donations from regimes that oppress women
- As senator, Hillary Clinton paid women 72 cents for every dollar she paid men
- Hillary Clinton’s fake Bosnia gunfire story and her abortion award
- Hillary Clinton: don’t let anybody tell you that corporations and businesses create jobs
- Hillary Clinton aides were present to “separate” damaging documents before Benghazi probe
- Universities raise tuition while paying hundreds of thousands to Hillary Clinton to speak
- State Department ignored Boko Haram for two years, under Hillary Clinton
- Hillary Clinton opposes bill to cut taxpayer funding of abortions abroad