Warning: The following story may be disturbing and offensive to some readers. Reader discretion is advised.
UPDATE: The Australian Broadcasting Corporation published an article praising the gay adoption by Mark Newton in 2010. I have posted the full text in this post and saved off a PDF. The article has since been pulled.
The Sydney Morning Herald reports on the latest example of gay adoption gone awry – this time from Australia. (H/T Mysterious S.)
Standing before an American court convicted of the most heinous of child sex crimes, the double lives of Australian citizen Mark J. Newton and his long-term boyfriend Peter Truong were laid bare.
[…]Moments later Newton was sentenced to 40 years in prison for sexually abusing the boy he and Truong, 36 from Queensland, had ‘‘adopted’’ after paying a Russian woman $8000 to be their surrogate in 2005.
Police believe the pair had adopted the boy ‘‘for the sole purpose of exploitation’’. The abuse began just days after his birth and over six years the couple travelled the world, offering him up for sex with at least eight men, recording the abuse and uploading the footage to an international syndicate known as the Boy Lovers Network.
[…]Evidence before the court revealed the abuse began before the couple returned to Australia. One video is said to show Newton performing a sex act on the boy when he was less than two weeks old.
Judge Barker said the pair brainwashed the child to believe the sexual abuse was normal. Newton was also said to have trained the boy to deny any inappropriate behaviour if he was ever questioned by authorities.
Newton and Truong came to the attention of police in August 2011 after their connections to three men arrested over the possession of child exploitation material came to light. The couple had visited the three men in the US, New Zealand and Germany with their son.
[…]Newton and Truong claimed they were being targeted because they were homosexual.
This story comes on the heels of the new Labour Party leader Kevin Rudd’s promise to legalize gay marriage.
- Washington Examiner: Duke University official offered his 5-year-old adopted son for sex on the Internet
- UK Telegraph: Adopted boy’s complaints about his gay guardians were ignored by social workers
- Associated Press: Homosexual Penn State University coach who sexually abused boys
- Sky News: Head of a gay youth organization was running a child sex ring
- Sun News: Gay man kidnapped teen, chained him up and raped him multiple times over several days
- Jewish World Review: Jesse Dirkhising dies of suffocation after being tortured and raped
- San Francisco Chronicle: Gay activist arrested for possession of child p@rnography
Note: comments to this post will be strictly moderated because of the subject matter.