Here’s tonight’s movie:
IMDB rating: [7.4/10]
In 1807, Captain Horatio Hornblower leads his ship the HMS Lydia on a perilous voyage around Cape Horn and into the Pacific. The men, even his officers, don’t know exactly where he is leading them. England is at war with Napoleon and everyone wonders why they have been sent so far from the action. They eventually arrive on the Pacific coast of Central America where the HMS Lydia has been sent to arm Don Julian Alvarado, who is planning an attack against France’s Spanish allies on the North American continent. The hope is that Alvarado’s forces will require the French to divert some of their military resources to North American defense in the aid of their Spanish allies. He arrives to learn that a Spanish Galleon is en route and he no sooner captures it and hands it over to Alvarado that he learns the Spanish are now England’s allies and he must take it from Alvarado. He also gets a very comely passenger in the form of Lady Barbara Wellesley.
Some nice swashbuckling and cannon-fire for a Friday night!
Mr. Lobster Pirate is pleased:
Beat to quarters and clear for action!
- Friday night movie: The Robe (1953)
- Friday night spies: Four more episodes of Danger Man
- Friday night movie: Run Silent, Run Deep (1958)
- Friday night detectives: two episodes of Sherlock Holmes
- Friday night movie: The Silver Fleet (1943)
- Friday night movie: One of Our Aircraft is Missing (1942)
- Friday night spies: Decision Before Dawn (1951)
- Friday night movie: The First of the Few (1942)
- Friday is Spy-Day! Watch four episodes of Danger Man