A 28-minute lecture delivered at Biola University, the best Christian university on the planet.
(Link fixed, thanks Mary)
- Christianity is different from other religions for several reasons
- Christianity is testable using objective evidence
- you can offer objective evidence for and against it
- compare that to Zen Buddhism, for example, which is about subjective experiences
- Buddhism is subjective, you can’t test it objectively
- Christianity can be tested using the historical method
- if Jesus did not rise from the dead, Christianity is false
- Christianity is set up for inquiry
- You can know whether the resurrection happened using historical methods
- “faith” in Christianity is not belief without arguments and evidence
- the Bible presents it’s claims about God as testable and public
This was very fun to watch.