Calvinism is the view that God decides whether you go to Heaven or Hell. Nothing a person does or abstains from doing throughout their entire life affects their post-mortem destination. In fact, no other person or circumstance affects where they end up, either. Everyone who goes to Hell goes there as a direct result of God’s free choice that determines, apart from any actionor circumstance, that a person will go to Hell.
- Introduction to Calvinist James White and some of his 90 debates
- What is Calvinism and why is it important?
- Does God love all people the same way in Calvinism?
- Does God desire the salvation of all people in Calvinism?
- Is the offer of salvation to all people a genuine offer on Calvinism?
- Does Calvinism diminish or augment God’s sovereignty?
- Can God accomplish his will by permitting evil creaturely actions?
- Did Jesus die only for the “chosen”, or for the possibility of salvation for all?
- Does a person’s responding to God’s offer of savaltion detract from Gods glory?
- Does our ability to resist God’s grace mean that we are “stronger” than God?
There is a little static in the audio for a few seconds every time they come back from a break, but nothing major. There are no commercials. And the debate is SO worth it, because there are almost no good debates on this topic, although you may be interested in reading the debate between William Lane Craig and Ed Curley.