I was in the gym on Saturday doing a combination weights and cardio session. I had time to listen to the first four episodes of the new podcast, hosted by Michael Knowles of the Daily Wire, and featuring guest Ted Cruz. If you are looking for something easy to listen to, easy to understand , that will give you just the facts, this is your podcast.
I don’t have iTunes, so I found the audio of the episodes on Podcast Republic. You can download them there, but they’re also on YouTube. I’m skipping episode 1 because it was not very informative. I don’t understand everything they were saying, because I’m just a software engineer, but I tried my best to make notes.
Episode 2: The charges (January 23rd)
- two articles of impeachment “abuse of power” and “obstruction of Congress”
- abuse of power: delaying military aid in exchange for two investigations: 1) 2016 election interference and 2) why Hunter Biden was being paid a lot of money to work for a Ukrainian company called “Burisma Natural Gas”
- The second article of impeachment is “obstruction of Congress” – the Democrats are claiming that: Trump did not allow witnesses to testify, defying subpoenas, and refusing to produce documents
- Ukraine got the aid, and neither investigation was launched
- quid pro quos are standard operating procedure in American foreign policy, e.g. – Obama giving money to Iran in exchange for a promise not to develop nuclear weapons
- If Trump had a valid reason for asking Ukraine to ask Ukraine to do these corruption investigations before getting aid, then the impeachment charges are groundless
- The Democrats don’t want Hunter Biden to testify
- The Republicans can call Hunter Biden to testify with only 51 votes
- The House Democrats called 17 prosecution witnesses, but they wouldn’t allow the House Republicans to call any witnesses
- There will be a vote on new witnesses in the coming week. If it passes the trial continues, if not, it goes to final judgement
- If there are new witnesses, the Republicans WILL call Hunter Biden
- Hunter Biden will almost certainly plead the 5th
- But they can force Hunter Biden to testify in exchange for immunity
- Republicans want to find out whether Joe Biden abused his power by withholding U.S. aid to Ukraine in exchange for having a Ukrainian prosecutor fired, who was investigating Hunter Biden and Burisma for corruption
Episode 3: Burisma and Hunter Biden (January 24th)
- House Democrats claimed that there is no good reason to investigate Burisma for corruption
- This opens the way for Republicans to present evidence for why Burisma should be investigated for corruption
- Even the Democrat’s own witness Lt. Col. Vindman has asserted that Burisma is “a corrupt entity”
- Burisma is a private company that was run by the company’s Industry minister, and he was getting rich by giving out energy licenses to companies in exchange for money
- Hunter Biden was named to the board of Burisma right after Burisma had funds frozen by Britain’s serious fraud unit
- Hunter Biden has no skills or experience in natural gas
- Hunter Biden was paid between $600,000 – $1,000,000 per year
- Hunter Biden gave an interview where he admitted that he was unlikely to to be appointed to the board, except that his father was Vice President of the United States
- Joe Biden responded to the charges of corruption against Burisma by threatening to withhold aid from Ukraine until the prosecutor who was investigating Burisma was fired
- Cruz presents a timeline, showing how Hunter Biden was appointed right after Burisma funds were frozen, and the prosecutor began investigating Burisma
- After Biden demanded that the prosecutor be fired, he was fired, and then Biden released 1 billion dollars of aid to Ukraine
- The Democrats have not investigated the Burisma-Biden quid pro quo, and the Democrats have been blocking the Republicans attempt to investigate
- It’s the responsibility of the president to investigate corruption inside the United States
- The Democrats are accusing Trump of threatening to withhold aid in exchange for favors, and Biden actually did threaten to withhold aid in exchange for favors
Finally, at one point in one of the podcasts, Cruz explained that the important part of the aid – the Javelin anti-tank guided missiles – were never held up.
Now, I know what you’re thinking… how on Earth did this thing get to be the number one podcast? Well, if you listen to the quality of the podcast, you’ll see why. You get so much clarity, in such a small number of words. It’s extremely entertaining – a suspense novel.
And guess what? It looks like we might get some resolution to this impeachment trial soon.
Check out this story from far-left Politico:
If the Senate decides to consider new impeachment trial witnesses and documents next week, Sen. Josh Hawley plans to try and force votes on everyone from Adam Schiff to Joe Biden.
The Missouri Republican is preparing to file subpoena requests for witnesses and documents that Democrats and Republicans alike won’t want to vote on. Hawley’s strategy harmonizes with plans from GOP Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas and Rand Paul of Kentucky to force votes to hear from Hunter Biden, the former vice president’s son who was on the board of Ukrainian energy company Burisma.
[…]If the witness vote succeeds, Hawley aims to force votes on subpoenas for House Intelligence Chairman Schiff (D-Calif.), Vice President Biden, Hunter Biden, Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson, the still-unnamed whistleblower who reported Trump’s July call with the Ukrainian president and a reported acquaintance of the whistleblower’s.
In episode 4, Cruz says that the most likely outcome is that 51 senators vote against new witnesses, it goes to final judgment, Trump is acquitted. The next most likely outcome is 51 senators vote for new witnesses, the Democrats call John Bolton and the Republicans call Hunter Biden. The third mostly likely outcome is voting for more witnesses, and calling more witnesses.
By the way, if you have iTunes, please subscribe to the podcast and rate it 5 stars. Perhaps we can get some independents to listen if they notice how popular it is. I am so excited that so many people are going straight for the most intelligent podcast. It’s sometimes fun to put down the entertainment, and just really get to understand the details of something important.
Don’t miss episode 5, (which had just come out at time of writing), they’re going to be covering what the Trump defense lawyers said.
2 thoughts on “Ted Cruz’s new impeachment podcast is now number one in America”
Thank you for this summary. I like to know what is going on, but often don’t have the patience to wade through the details. Much appreciated.
From my Canadian vantage point, the whole Trump impeachment circus (or Brett Kavanaugh, or Clarence Thomas or Robert Bork nominations) bears a deep parallel with the British elite reaction to the vote to quit the European Union (Brexit). Here’s the parallel. Postmoderns, at core, despise the democratic process. They exploit the institutions of democracy for their own purposes as much as they can, but when the results of the process go against their purposes, they do NOT respect the vote of the people, they do NOT accept it and attempt by ANY means to thwart the people’s decision and regain power and influence.*
As a result, perhaps it would be time for the donkey party in the US to be renamed the “Anti-Democratic Party”…
* which recalls Alduous Huxley’s famous (prophetic) quote
Under the relentless thrust of accelerating overpopulation and increasing overorganization, and by means of ever more effective methods of mind-manipulation, the democracies will change their nature; the quaint old forms — elections, parliaments, Supreme Courts and all the rest — will remain. The underlying substance will be a new kind of non-violent totalitarianism. All the traditional names, all the hallowed slogans will remain exactly what they were in the good old days. Democracy and freedom will be the theme of every broadcast and editorial — but democracy and freedom in a strictly Pickwickian sense. Meanwhile the ruling oligarchy and its highly trained elite of soldiers, policemen, thought-manufacturers and mind-manipulators will quietly run the show as they see fit.” (A. Huxley Brave New World Revisited (1958/2007: 393-394)
LikeLiked by 2 people