From KHOU Houston.
A 21-year-old man sprang into action to protect his family Thursday night when three suspects barged into their northwest Harris County home.
The young man was home with his mother and father in the 3900 block of Brook Garden when the armed men forced their way into the house around 8 p.m., according to Harris County Sheriff’s deputies.
The family was in the middle of baking a cake, when there was a knock at the door.
“I see a young boy and I think it is a friend of my son so I open it a little bit,” the father explained. “These guys push and out comes two more, they push me on the ground.”
After the father was down, the suspects went after the mother. That is when the son ran and got his dad’s gun. He opened fire and hit one of the suspects, who died in the back bedroom. The other two suspects fled the scene.
[…]Neighbors said the son was just doing what he had to do.
“People can’t go breaking into people’s homes and not expect some sort of consequence,” said Harry Moulder.
No charges were expected to be filed against the homeowner’s son.
Another day, another defensive gun use by a law abiding citizen to thwart a crime. When I read stories like this one, I ask myself this question: what’s the liberal alternative resolution to this scenario? They just want the law abiding people to submit to the criminals. The liberal alternative is to let the three people in the home die at the hands of criminals.
Don’t believe me?
Take a look at this list of recommendations for victims of rape, which was put out by a liberal university.
- Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.
- Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.
- Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.
- Don’t take time to look back; just get away.
- If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.
- Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.
- Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.
- Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!
- Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.
- Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.
That’s the best campus leftists can do for law-abiding victims of crime. Pee on yourself and maybe your rapist will go away. But you can’t own a gun, because guns scare criminals with their loud noises.
- Woman raped at gunpoint in “gun free zone” on university campus
- Man uses firearm to defend home and 2-year-old son from criminals
- Great grandmother fires at mugger with legally-owned, legally-carried handgun
- Man who doesn’t believe in guns thanks gun owners for protecting him from burglar
- Man shoots robbery suspect to protect his 2-year-old son
- Woman uses gun to defend herself and her children from home intruder
- 12-year-old girl shoots home intruder in the shoulder with legally owned firearm
- Armed bystander stops stabbing outside school
- 14-year old boy uses parents’ handgun to deter armed intruder
- Woman defends herself from intruder using legally-owned firearm
- Recently widowed mother uses legally owned gun to defend her child
- Pregnant woman uses her shotgun to scare burglars out of her home