Breitbart News reports.
Rep. Pete Olson (R-TX) has introduced an Articles of Impeachment resolution against Attorney General Eric Holder for his role in Operation Fast and Furious and other scandals of President Barack Obama’s administration.
Seven congressman have signed onto the resolution thus far in addition to Olson. They are Reps. Larry Bucshon (R-IN), Blake Farenthold (R-TX), Phil Roe (R-TN), Lynn Westmoreland (R-GA), Roger Williams (R-TX), Ted Yoho (R-FL), and Randy Weber (R-TX).
The Articles of Impeachment has four different sections. The first calls for Holder’s official removal because of his failure to comply with congressional subpoenas relating to Operation Fast and Furious. Holder has been voted on a bipartisan basis into both criminal and civil contempt of Congress for his failure to comply with the Fast and Furious subpoenas from House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA).
The second section of the Articles of Impeachment deals with Holder’s refusal to enforce the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), the Controlled Substances Act, and the Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1986. The third section calls for Holder’s impeachment on the grounds that he has refused to prosecute any IRS officials involved in the “scandal of unauthorized disclosure of tax records belonging to political donors.”
The fourth section of the Articles of Impeachment goes after Holder for his involvement in the targeting of reporters. Holder testified under oath on May 15, 2013, the resolution states, that he “he was neither involved in nor had heard of a potential prosecution of the press.” Three days later, though, Holder’s Department of Justice (DOJ) “released documents naming journalist James Rosen as a co-conspirator in an alleged violation of the Espionage Act.” Holder later confirmed to Congress that he had in fact “approved a search warrant on James Rosen.”
See the links below for a review of Holder’s many failures.
- Obama covers-up DOJ operation that allowed gun smuggling to Mexican drug cartels
- Republicans prepare contempt citation for AG Eric Holder over Fast and Furious
- Eric Holder wants to brainwash people against legal gun ownership
- Fast and Furious’ goal was to undermine legal firearm ownership
- Obama administration tries to cover up Border Patrol agent’s murder
- Fast and Furious assault weapons seized from drug cartel enforcer’s home
- Republicans call for AG Eric Holder to resign over newly released e-mails
- Did attorney general Eric Holder lie to Congress about gun sales to drug cartels?
- New Operation Fast and Furious e-mails sent to White House official
- Janet Napolitano, Eric Holder and the plan to sell guns to Mexican drug cartels
- Federal court: Obama appointees interfered with New Black Panther prosecution
- Obama administration sues Florida for purging non-citizens from voter rolls
- Democrats and pro-abortion groups target pro-lifers in FBI and DOJ training
- Is Obama’s Department of Justice enabling voter registration fraud?
- Department of Justice won’t purge dead or ineligible voters from roll
- Obama’s attorney general has his head in the sand on national security