Obama said in last night’s debate that Planned Parenthood provides mammograms. Is he telling the truth? Let’s see.
A series of new undercover phone calls reveals that contrary to the claims of Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards and other supporters of the nation’s largest abortion chain, the organization does not provide mammograms for women.
In the tapes, a Live Action actor calls 30 Planned Parenthood clinics in 27 different states, inquiring about mammograms at Planned Parenthood. Every Planned Parenthood, without exception, tells her she will have to go elsewhere for a mammogram, and many clinics admit that no Planned Parenthood clinics provide this breast cancer screening procedure. “We don’t provide those services whatsoever,” admits a staffer at Planned Parenthood of Arizona. Planned Parenthood’s Comprehensive Health Center clinic in Overland Park, KS explains to the caller, “We actually don’t have a, um, mammogram machine, at our clinics.”
Opponents of defunding Planned Parenthood have argued in Congress and elsewhere that the organization provides many vital health care services other than abortion, such as mammograms. Most prominently, Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards recently appeared on The Joy Behar Show to oppose the Pence Amendment to end Planned Parenthood’s taxpayer subsidies, claiming, “If this bill ever becomes law, millions of women in this country are gonna lose their healthcare access–not to abortion services–to basic family planning, you know, mammograms.”
Just today I read a comment on Facebook asserting that Planned Parenthood provides mammograms. This is what you often hear in the mainstream media, because they are pro-abortion. But the fact of the matter is that Planned Parenthood does not do mammograms – says the Washington Post.
Related posts on Planned Parenthood
- Hawaii Planned Parenthood caught counseling sex-selection abortions
- War on women: Obama and Democrats oppose ban on sex-selection abortion
- Live Action sting: Planned Parenthood counsels late-term sex-selection abortion
- Does the United Way give money to abortion-provider Planned Parenthood?
- New House GOP bill de-funds Planned Parenthood
- Obama administration wants birth control to be covered by health insurance
- Obama administration threatens Indiana for defunding Planned Parenthood
- Are the Girl Scouts linked to the abortion provider Planned Parenthood?
- 91% of Planned Parenthood clinics help hide statutory rapists
- What is Planned Parenthood and why do Democrats support them?
- Does Planned Parenthood really use taxpayer money to provide mammograms?
- Feminists push liberal sexual agenda at United Nations
- Planned Parenthood stung three more times by Live Action
- Planned Parenthood caught helping pimp to run underage sex-trafficking ring
- Planned Parenthood releases annual report – 324,008 babies aborted
- Undercover video of Planned Parenthood selling abortion with misinformation
- Is Planned Parenthood overbilling state and local governments?
- Planned Parenthood conceals rape and breaks the law
- How much money does Planned Parenthood receive from taxpayers?
- How much profit does the non-profit Planned Parenthood make?
- Researchers link rise in some cancers to increased sexual activity
- Should birth control pills be dispensed over the counter?
- Another study confirms the link between abortion and breast cancer
- New study finds that abortion increases risk of breast cancer by 40%